EDIT: I have opened posting up to everyone temporarily so that recipients who aren't part of the community can make comments and responses.
Hello, hello ladies and gents of EGL! We are happy to announce Lolita_Diviners very first EGL Halloween Divination. Hopefully this shall become tradition here! This is all free so don't worry about fees (as it's against the comm's rules). This event will extend from today, Oct. 25, to Halloween, Oct 31. Please also read the N.B. at the bottom for more info.
As we like to keep things confidential around here in regards to readings, we will mainly be using the PM system. Any diviner may change method of contact as she chooses, so long it is for the benefit of both.
Please do pick your diviner accordingly and PM them with your question if you have any. You can choose to do general readings if you do not have any specific questions. The number in parentheses is how many people we are willing to take. If the diviner has filled her amount of folks to take, her name will be crossed out. The diviners who have (?) by their names have an unknown amount to take and will comment here to let you all know. Feel free to personally ask tho.
Our diviners are: kodachi148
(5) Tarot,Cartomancy, Dream interpretation (no longer taking recipients
(5) Pendulum Dowsing (yes/no questions and nothing incredibly personal) keikokawaii
(5, she would prefer it to be split up, 2 for scrying, 3 for tarot. PM for more details) Tarot, Scrying (No longer taking recipients
(5) Tarot, Runes abeille_a_miel
(3) Tarot What is this? Tarot
- Most popular and recognized form of divination. This uses 78 cards to divine various spreads (methods of casting) from general readings to specfic questions as well as questions of insight (tho nearly all forms of divination covers that) Cartomancy
- Playing card version of tarot. Runes
- A divination form where the reader casts shells or stones to divine the question they've been asked. The most popular form is the Futhark Runes set. Scrying
- Using a reflected surface such as a mirror or still water to divine their questions. Takes a lot more energy than other forms of divination listed here so be patient with the reader. Pendulum Dowsing
- Using a weighted string to divine yes/no questions. Best used for energy sensing and finding things but also used for divination. Really good for simple inquries Dream interpretation
- A good peer into the mind. May not always tell the future but certainly can tell something of yourself. Good for figuring out bad habits, thought patterns or understanding yourself more. Nota Bene
Divination, what you may know as plain fortune telling, is a very useful tool for understanding yourself and what will happen in the future. It pulls out the most likeliest event (the future) from all that is happening around you now (the present) and how it all came about (the past). While this is a wonderful thing and anyone can learn it, I would like to stress that if you're going to be obstinate throughout the whole reading because you think this is all hokey, please refrain from getting a reading. Why? Because these girls and myself are taking time out of our personal schedules to do something really nice for someone they may not really know. This is something to appreciate because no one is getting paid for their service, this is all volunteer work. If you're unbelievably rude, the diviner has a right to refuse a reading.
Also, readings do not always take one hour or one day. We diviners have actual lives with actual commitments and time restraints. If you don't see a reading in your inbox in a day, don't fret, that's why I made this event a whole week so there's plenty of time to get about. If it is nearing Halloween/Samhain and you don't see anything yet or haven't heard from the diviner at all despite contacting attempts, let me know but otherwise, they should be getting in contact with you if your reading is going to take longer than the Oct 25-Oct 31 time specified.
Don't hesitate to ask questions if you don't understand something. That's actually what this community is for! A place to ask questions, get answers and to talk about stuff. Readings should be written in plain, easy-to-understand English and the diviner shouldn't be talking like a Sphinx, in a confusing manner. If you don't understand something, then let them know. The diviners here are very nice. Wanna Learn?
If you would like to learn this all yourself, click on the Books
tag on the right. We are always updating and wishing to add so if you have any books to recommend, please do so!